With school back in session and those lazy summer mornings coming to an end, we want to give you our best ideas for easy and quick breakfasts.
Breakfast can be the hardest meal to make healthy choices as we’re usually looking for something quick and easy. Here are 12 creative ideas to get you inspired to try something a little different.
We made sure each of these breakfasts are:
- Balanced in macronutrients (containing protein, fat and carbohydrates)
- Whole foods based (no processed ingredients or packaged foods)
- Quick and simple for busy weekday mornings
1. Mini Green Frittatas . (Make ahead, perfect for busy weeks)
2. Savory Oatmeal. (For mornings when you want a savory meal)
3. Protein Smoothie. (Here’s how to make a macronutrient balanced smoothie.)
4. Chia Seed Pudding. (Quick, simple, nutritious)
5. Almond Butter + Quick Chia Jam + Ezekiel Bread Toast. (Think PB&J with a healthy twist for adults)
6. Baked Eggs in Avocado. (Low carbohydrate, filling and easy)
7. Sausage + Vegetable Hash. (For when you’re burnt out on eggs)
8. Shakshuka .(For when the pantry is bare)
9. Banana Oat Blender Pancakes. (Pancakes without the clean up mess!)
10. Smoked Salmon + Avocado + Ezekiel Bread Toast. ( Quick, balanced and high in Omega 3 fatty acids)
11. Breakfast Salad (a healthy, travel friendly breakfast)
12. Leftover Soup (While some dinner leftovers aren’t usually appealing in the morning, try a simple chicken or lentil soup for dinner and have the leftovers for breakfast!)
What are your favorite weekday morning breakfast? What do you do to prepare healthy meals for busy mornings? Tell us on Facebook or in the comments below, we’d love to hear!